VPS & Proxies Question | Rogue Labs
Dismiss Notice
Rogue Cloud will automatically setup a server and earn money on your server for you! All you need to do is have VIP and buy Cloud Instances in the Sub Shop! After you do so you can use this program to tell each instance what Reward you would like to get when it gathers enough points! It's that simple! Let Rogue-Labs manage everything automatically while you get the rewards!

VPS & Proxies Question

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Moxii, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Moxii

Moxii New Member

Let's say I'm using a VPS (AWS EC2, Azure, random VPS provider).
    Now when using a VPS the IP associated to said VPS comes back to a datacenter IP correct?
    This is why when botting some sites or attempting to access some sites a proxy is required.
    Is it possible to use my home network as the proxy IP?

For example, I want to bot Swagbucks, but I don't want to use my PC. I can leave my computer on 24/7, but I just don't want to run any program on it. How would I go about doing so?

If there is any contusion regarding my post please let me know.
    If tit doesn't work like this please let me know!

Thank you for taking the time to read the post, appreciate it!

TL;DR
    I don't want to buy a proxy for my VPS, is it possible to setup my home internet as a proxy server for my VPS to use, if yes, how?

I understand if a I have a dynamic IP I would need a oub static IP, but I can always register on no=ip to resolve -

2. Potato

Potato Active Member
    VIP Supporter Organ Donor Donator

Google how to install squid proxy server on your home pc

3. Kurrin

Kurrin Active Member
    VIP Supporter Organ Donor Donator Founding Supporter

you can set up an OpenVPN server at the house and have the VPS connect to that. To get around having to hard code an external IP address to connect to, you can set up a NoIP so you have an URL to point to instead that updates whenever your external IP address updates. It's what I use to do when I traveled.